Saturday, January 17, 2009

Gone Baby Gone

I met a guy a couple months ago - who was buying a piece of furniture from me off Craigslits. He was in the military and pulled up in a minivan with his wife and 4 kids under the age of 7. After talking a bit, I learned that relocating alot has given them a new leash on life when it comes to furniture. They arrive in a new city, and buy what they need through Craigslist. When he gets stationed somewhere else, they sell it all on Craigslist....and move no furniture. In the new city, they Craigslist thier ass off buying furniture. I find this interesting.

I have posted all kinds of things on Craigslist, but NOTHING flies like furniture, despite markup. I challenge you. Post a piece of furniture on Craigslist if you want to sell it. And it will be Gone Baby Gone.

For the record, I also met a famous author using Craigslist. She bought a wooden chest.

Craig, I am a fan.

No comments:

Post a Comment