Saturday, January 17, 2009

I am woman

Why does my husband insist on using the phrase, "Brick shit house" as in..."He was built like a brick shit house." A brick shit house? Let me just ask you, what is that? Some early 1900 Johnny on the Spot?

My husband actually has quite a few sayings that hang me up, when he is on a rant. Things like, "Holy mother of God". Oh, yes, he is always dragging the Good Lord into things. "Sweet Jesus!" or "I swear on everything Holy." or "For the love of Christ" or my personal favorite, "Jesus F-#*ing Christ." Does this strike anyone as sacrilege? I'm with ya. Did the 10 commandments NOT say not to use the Lord's name in vain? I mean, you stepped barefoot on a Lego for heaven's sakes...do we have have to go straight to integrating the F-bomb as Jesus middle name?

Men are just dramatic. Say what you will...but they are.

Now, for example, my husband is looking for my purse and can't find it. He needs aspirin. He wants me to get up and look for it with him. Hmmm...

I want to ask him to buy, find and store his own aspirin going forward.
I want to see how long it takes him to find the purse probably ON the kitchen table in plain view.
I want to see how many more times he will ask me where I put it, or to help him find it.
I want to tell him he is not my child.
I want to tell him to look harder...try.
I want to roll my eyes blatantly in his face.
But I won't.
I will get up and look for it because he would do that for me.

And besides, don't need the Lords name floating around here in vain tonight. I'm going to be saying some prayers in a few minutes and I need all the holy support I can get.

No comments:

Post a Comment