Tuesday, August 4, 2009

FEAR

Tonights topic of discussion in AA was Fear...all of these women, so unique...so cool...so different and raw and good, all with SUCH problems talked openly about fear. One after the other....how fear affects them...and I searched my soul for REAL fear. Have you ever done that?

One girl said, "I know we are supposed to follow our fear right to the end"...and I just got stuck there. Who says that? What does that mean? I need to get that damn BIG BOOK once and for all. Is that in there? And if it is...I want to read all about it. I don't get it.

What am I truly afraid of? Does it motivate me? Why should I follow it? Hmmm

Snakes
Kids getting terminally ill
Sudden death of husband
Loss of mobility

That't pretty much it without going into offbeat freak stuff that NO ONE hopes happens. I think I have worked through lame fears. Can I say that at my age? I am not sure I am motivated by fear, or that this is healthy. I can't pine over these things...all we have is today, right? Maybe that's it...but why follow fear. Maybe she is a freak and no one in the room related to her. I don't think I am going to overwork this one...but if anyone gets it...please let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment