Sunday, January 18, 2009

Just like a Tattoo

Okay, I am not quoting Jordan Sparks tonight or anything (although her song Tattoo...I do like - and didn't she do an amazing Job singing the National Anthem today at the Cardinals Game? WOW. Way to go Jordan - and Kurt Warner. Great performances!

But, I have been thinking about getting another tattoo. The other night I rented the movie "wanted" (gotta love movies on demand) and here Angelina Jolie is with all of these tattoos. I have one tattoo. I got it before tattoos were even the thing. And it just doesn't bear weight of something I could conjure up these days. It's a lightweight tattoo, if you will.

I never regretted it, I just got it long before about 9 - 20 life altering moments...so, I affiliate it not with bad ass-ness - just naivety. I need something more meaningful.

In this movie Wanted, Jolie is a bad ass. And those tattoos, mixed with this world-traveling, confident, smart, soft mother, sexy superhero the media has created...just made me think I want another. I've become a follower, what can I say. I want to be Angelina Jolie, at the very least, one of her kids.

Now that I think of it, the media has done more for Angelina Jolie than any other person alive, outside of Obama himself. It's sickening really.

But what to get? I will consider this heavily - however I have to wonder, why now? Why after all these years would I even consider one. It really isn't Angelina Jolie...I am not that shallow, never mind the very stately way she wears them, but what is it? Ah, something else to consider heavily. Gotta go consider - ciao

No comments:

Post a Comment