Wednesday, January 14, 2009

American Idol - I'm degressing

I find it hard to believe anyone DOESN'T watch this show.

For all the haters - I imagine it has something to do with it being TOO pop culture, or TOO mean, or TOO loser for anyone to chase so openly after the American Dream. May not be your dream, but let's face it - the crowds wouldn't come out if it weren't a dream of the masses.

Maybe you hate it because you just want to be different. Or...your not a music person...or you think it is staged to a very large degree...or stupid the way the hiddeous are exploited...maybe Americans just repulse you. Who knows. But if you are a hater, I have to say, I think you are lying. If you were flipping through the channels alone...you would stop. Period.

Sure, I may degress here a little from any kind of deep thought. But gotta love the show - if not for the total marketing, media efforts.

We probably all agree on Simon and Paula. So no fun talking about them really.

Then there is Randy - Come on, everyone loves Randy - well, until you see him in People Mag in white suits and patton shoes and think, "Are you serious?" If he wasn't a millionaire, WOW he would be ghetto. Also, kinda old to be hanging on to some styles hes sporting.

What do we think of the new judge? Hmmm? Need to hop on and see what the media is saying - I am open to sway - let's see if anyone can help me form an opinion...

The question is, how much time do you spend on the internet researching random crap that most people do not know. I probably bust 10 hours a week. And who even knows if it is right?

There is a fine line with education, I think. At some point, can we just know too much? I think it is possible. It is possible to torment ourselves with things we think we know. It's like people that analyize shit to death, what is the point? Men really have the upper hand in this category. I say that excluding artists. I think all artists, fine and performing have a measure of ego that over analyzes by nature - but I am talking about your avg guy. They just don't overwork it - and something about that is refreshing.

Now that I think of it, do I really need to know about this new judge? Do I care? Not really. Oh good. That is one less thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment